Below you will find what I sent to the BOV that we pivoted off of in our conversation.
- This link provides you a recent article on the newest research on how elite colleges make admission decisions: http://www.insidehighered.com/
news/2012/04/09/new-research- how-elite-colleges-make- admissions-decisions
- This link provides a spreadsheet of "early" admission statistics for top schools: https://docs.google.com/a/
casady.org/spreadsheet/pub?hl= en_US&hl=en_US&key= 0ArlRBr9Qvz0mdFNZOE9BM3gtRHFna ExVNnpBcVM4SEE&output=html
- This link provides a spreadsheet for "regular" admission statistics for top schools: http://thechoice.blogs.
nytimes.com/2012/01/23/ regular-admission-tally-2012/? smid=tw-NYTimesCollege&seid= auto
If you wish to read further on this topic:
- This link provides you profile statistics on Dartmouth's Class of 2016: http://thedartmouth.com/2012/
- This link provides statistics on admitted students to Princeton's Single Choice Early Action Program: http://www.princeton.edu/main/
- This link provides an article on new trends in students' college decisions: http://thechoice.blogs.
nytimes.com/2012/01/26/survey- first-choice/?smid=tw- NYTimesCollege&seid=auto
- This link provides an article on an interview with Dartmouth's Dean about the "nuances" of admissions at the Ivy level: http://thedartmouth.com/2012/
- This link provides an article on the surge in financial aid dollars to support Ivy athletics: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/
12/23/sports/financial-aid- changes-game-as-sports-teams- in-ivies-rise.html?_r=1&ref= ivyleague
- This link provides you a link to Stanford's Common Data Set (2011-2012): http://ucomm.stanford.edu/cds/
- This link provides an article/list of the 25 "New Ivies": http://www.thedailybeast.com/